Tuesday 13 April 2021

GENERAL ARTICLES

In this section you will find articles related to wargaming. They will cover different aspects of this hobby and are made to help wargamers.

The subjects dealt in the posts are quite different one from the other, but all of them will be helpful or at least I will try to make them a good read.

This section will grow as I add more articles to the blog, I hope you find them useful.




- Low cost wargaming. Wargames have always been seen as an expensive hobby. You have to buy a lot of miniatures, buy paint bottles, buy a lot of terrain, buy a mat... and that gets even worse when we deal with solo wargamers that have to buy everything by themselves. In this post I will try to give some hints on how to make a nice gaming board the cheapest possible way.


- Solo wargaming. This post is about solo players: why do we play solo, what tools do we need to do it, apart from a long list of solo rulebooks available. You may want to start playing solo, or you are just interested in this way of wargaming, anyway I hope you find this post interesting.


- Cars, scales and wargames. This post deals with a problem that every wargamer finds sometime. Vehicles are a part of the terrain or are used in games, but it seems that the vehicles never have the correct size: they may be huge, or tiny, or the only ones that seem to fit your miniatures are really expensive. I will try to give some advice on how to get a nice motor pool. 


- Papercraft buildings and terrain. Papercraft is cheap. Papercraft is nice. Papercraft can be stored taking almost no space at all... So, why is papercraft so underestimated? Let´s try to answer that in this post. Maybe I change your mind and you start collecting papercraft terrain.


- Wargaming INSIDE buildings. To play Fear of the Dark scenarios I always wanted to play inside buildings: Haunted houses, crypts, museums, dark dungeons, old libraries... And I wanted to take those places to Fear of the Dark scenarios.  


- Movies inspired in H.P. Lovecraft Mythos. I want to make a list of the movies I believe that are based on his works or that they deserve to be seen as a Fear of the Dark player or a Call of Cthulhu GM.



1 comment:

  1. Nice sight. Check out GARYCON 2022 and the Sturmgeschutze and Sorcery games my son and I ran. Your games would go over great at that convention (in Lake Geneva, WI in March).

    ReplyDelete