Saturday 9 July 2022

UPDATE ON PROJECTS

Hi! I just wanted to let you know how every project is going on:



1. I already started editing the layout design for the second edition of Fear of the Dark, I Hope It doesn't take too long, but It's a more than 260 Pages file: the ruleset, 8 scenarios and one campaign...

The rules Will suffer some changes (the AI Will be easier to use) and some things Will be clearly explained. The layout design Will be slightly modified as well.

Apart from that, the Game Will be written without gramatical mistakes or typos. 

As you know I'm not an english native speaker, but several members from the Fear of the Dark Facebook group have taken their time to help me and correct the text so that It is properly written.


The Game Will be published in two separate books: one with the rules and four scenarios and a second book with four scenarios and the campaign.

Everything Will be uploaded to wargamevault and Will be free for all those Who already had bought Fear of the Dark.

2. New scenarios for Fear of the Dark... well... I have a lot of ideas, but two of them are really appealing: one dealing with a fishy town similar to Innsmouth and another one dealing with an expedition in the sands of egypt. 

I have developed all the possible "paths" in the first one and just need to write it down. I´ll be playing this one this week or the next one, as soon as I have all the terrain ready.

Remember: keep your deep ones ready...

(and as an addition this scenario will include a skirmish battle between US soldiers and hoards of monsters, as a preview of the following project ↓ )

3. The ww2 (and weird ww2) rules are working properly. After a lot of playtesting most rules have been changed once and again, but it seems that I have reached a point where they are stable and work as I want. Nevertheless I may make some changes as I keep playtesting the rules.

With the rules almost finished it just would need a lot of scenarios, and as they are quite simple to write (not as Fear of the Dark ones) I hope I can write a few and have the ruleset finished in the next few months.

After that it would need a long photography session and some time of edition to make the layout.


This project is going to take more time than I expected, as I´m trying to do my best and dont want to make mistakes or leave aside important aspects of the game, but this game is something I really want to do, and I want all of you to play and enjoy it.

And this is it... 

Of course I dont know how long will it take me to do each of these projects as I, the same like you, also have a real life that needs time (job, kids, social life, everyday problems...)

I hope I have time and go step by step to finish all of them as soon as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. muchas gracias por tu esfuerzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias a vosotros por seguir Fear of the Dark y los proyectos venideros!

      Delete